Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Geislor Moroder Trip 010511


What a workout it has been during the last two days. I felt a little behind after losing a day to the clay model. Last night I was thoroughly exhausted and didn't even have enough energy to make a blog entry. I've included pictures of George's & Ed's projects in addition to my Atlantes.

Pascal showed me some nice techniques, using just a wide flat chisel, to do much of the roughing. I really helps keep you from working on detail to early. I ended the day with a great lesson in creating a classical male face, Pascal style. I am very pleased with the results. Now if I can get the rest of the carving to look as good as the face I will have something nice to remember this week by. 2.5 days left and still a lot to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment