Saturday, January 8, 2011

Final Blog Entry from Elbigenalp 010811




Wasn't a whole lot of time to work today, but I spent the last three hours refining the Acanthus Leaf and getting a lesson from Pascal in carving an S-Scroll. He of course made it look very easy, but it was not. It is very hard to get the long cuts that look so good when a master does it. He did show me one trick where you push down hard on the middle of the tool when coming up against the grain. It is a way of cheating the grain to finish a long cut. I tried it out and it kinda works, but kinda didn't. It worked for Pascal so I am assuming it is something I am doing wrong but I will practice the technique and see if I can figure it out. I am including some pictures of Ed finishing up his carving and a few pics from our two hour walk this afternoon.

Looking forward to getting home to my beautiful lady and cat.

Eric


No comments:

Post a Comment